Wednesday, August 20, 2008

KISMET YAY

Celest requested I post my kismet sequences online so here are two of the 3 worked out so far.


This sequence simply utilizes a "used trigger" to start and pause a video sequence. I found after some trouble that sound effects in ut3 cannot be stereo (ie make sure it is mono) and it must be .wav. Upon importing sound you must make sure bAutoCreateCue is checked, its like turning a texture into a material. In unreal you have to use a sound cue not a .wav clip.






This is the kismet sequence worked out to govern the telepad puzzle. There are a few kinks with this sequence but it works as a prototype for now. When we set up all the sequences into the final unreal file then I will post the finalized version.




The surreal room puzzle prototype will be posted soon.

-Ben

1 comment:

Plant42 said...

Yeeaa.. I just did dukey in my pants when I saw that. :|

I'll be needing to ask you how to make buttons trigger activations of other things, like elevators, later on. I don't think it'll be nearly as OhmuhGawd complex in comparison to that insane setup you got workin' there for your tricky teleporter thing, so I think you might be able to help quite easily. :3

Really great work so far on the Kismet stuff. =)