Wednesday, August 13, 2008

DockingBay and Mailroom art

I made concept art for the Docking Bay and the Mailroom. I used George's defined color pallets he made last week (and posted below) to choose the colors for the rooms. I forgot which ones he said to go with for each room exactly, but I think I got them right. ^__^;

Here's my concept for the Docking Bay



The 2 main symbols I utilized were the one for "Kangaroo Tracks" and "Path Taken by legendary figures" lining the entrance path, pulling you into the space ship. The doorway/connection thing is a bluish elastic material with ripples on it. It expands upon contact of the space ship. It works like an air lock.

Here's a top view of the mailroom. Again, I followed the color scheme for that room. The red lines on the floor are there for a reason. lol, I'll have to ask Ben why again, but I think it's to symbolize the Star symbol, but I'll ask him again.



And here's a view from inside the room. I threw my stone cabinets around then central column. The lights on the ceiling (not shown in the sketch >.<) are also shaped like the star symbol--the circle with the smaller circles around it

No comments: