Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Environment concepts

hello folks,
I got some concepts that I've been working on, based on the surreal style we are looking for. I showed a link to Darius that have some good examples of space crafts that looked like fish. I figured that we could develop environments oriented to various species than just one.

First thing I worked on was developing a color scheme and several symbols based on some aboriginal references that I found. notice that I kept each object to a minimum of two colors in addition to white strokes to outline the detail. There are two types of styles that I studied: the contrasting strokes and the spotted illustrations, both which I attempted to adapt to an environment.




I worked on this concept to see how things would look. The strokes here could work as either grooves or actual lighting, just as long as it stands out in similar contrast.

A more developed and detailed concept using a simple color scheme along with environment lighting. notice the composite of solid plain objects and chaotic extruding organic-like objects.I went on to develop something similar to the "space fish" with the Giger surreal style. its not to far, but I think this could be rehashed to looked a little better.
Another ship concept that I tried to simplify, but be more accurate with the aboriginal design. notice that I used the lighting to construct most of the anatomy and at various places which is all encapsulated by the con

later,
-George

No comments: